Monday, December 20, 2010

Lyme Disease - the Secret Pandemic Sweeping America - Part 4.

.



(First published June 2, 2010)

Treatment with non-western medicine - What is the result?


It has now been three and a half weeks since I was diagnosed with the Lyme disease indicators and about four weeks since the symptoms, late stage, first appeared.


After years of research and monitoring alternative health techniques, when the disease was confirmed I was prepared with a treatment strategy. It was based on a few assumptions I want to review.


I would take no treatment that damaged my immune system.


I would limit treatment to natural products.


I would use three protocols for treatment each of which would help rebuild my immune system.


I would take no antibiotics or pain killer in order to be able to feel the effects.


I would attack both the bacteria and parasites with natural treatment.


I would report the truth on what I experienced to the readers.


Once I was tested using multiple techniques including blood testing and the Lyme markers were confirmed I was already experiencing late stage Lyme symptoms which indicated the disease had been present for some time in my body. As noted in an earlier article, none of the early stage symptoms were present.



In my case I woke up one morning feeling as if I twisted my lower back. By the next morning my arms were completely numb from the elbows through the hands. It felt as if I was frozen in those areas including all fingers. While I had use of my arms and hands, I could feel nothing. Other than the frozen feeling, like frostbite if you are from the Midwest, there were no other nerve conditions like shaking, loss of control, nervous twitch, etc.


In addition the twisted lower back now felt like a severe pinched nerve and when I walked I got vertigo. Also it felt like a severe pinched nerve between my shoulder blades which seemed to be causing the frozen arms. In the next few days my muscles became victim to parasite attack, severe pain in both upper arms, inability to lift my arms above my head, swollen joints throughout my body which seemed to trigger the vertigo, and fatigue after walking short distances.



Mind you I was in excellent shape the week before I got it and had been in excellent shape since 1984 when I suffered a physical injury. Also I had been bitten by ticks many times over the past seven years with no effect and no red rings around the bites. Our Southern Maryland riverfront location is almost like a swamp with high humidity and a warm, wet climate.


As for the treatments I chose, there were a few things I kept in mind. First I knew Lyme disease is the most under-detected disease in existence. Probably 40% of victims have the telltale red rings around a tick bite. Up to 60% of the cases go undetected or are misdiagnosed by western medicine as Lyme can mimic the exact symptoms of numerous major diseases.



Lyme Borreliosis causes, mimics, is manifested as, is misdiagnosed as, or is a contributing factor to more than 300 conditions, such as:


Acute coronary syndrome
Acute Meningitis
Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
Alzheimer's Disease
Bell's Palsy
Bipolar Disorder
Brain Tumor
Brown recluse spider bite
Cardiac Disease
Coronary aneurysm
Depression
Epilepsy
Fetal death
Fibromyalgia
Hepatitis
Infectious Mononucleosis
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Lymphoma
Multiple Sclerosis
Peripheral Facial Palsy
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Sudden Infant Death (SIDS)
Tourette's Syndrome
Vertigo


Beyond concerns over these issues I was also aware that new research indicates the Lyme bacteria works in tandem with parasites in your body that are not affected by the standard western treatment of massive doses of antibiotics. For this reason many people will seem to recover from the antibiotics but in time the disease keeps returning often more virulent each time.



I have personally talked to and heard from patients with over 10 years of treatment with antibiotics and no sign the disease will ever go away. Also local support groups have advised me that long term members have died from the failure of the antibiotics to stop the disease. Early research indicates the parasites can actually form cocoons around the Lyme bacteria and protect it from antibiotics.


I adopted a treatment plan calling for three distinct lines of attack. I would start using pure salt vitamin C to attack the parasites. Before the days of purified salt, in which additives such as aluminum, silica and iodine are added to the processed salt, Americans used to eat 4-5 times as much raw salt. Apparently this had a major impact on keeping bacteria and parasites from residing in our systems and causing damage. As health officials told us to cut way back on salt, and the pure salt was replaced with the processed table salt now in use, and more and more vaccinations have been given to us, we have effectively destroyed much of our immune system.



My treatment began taking Celtic sea salt, a pure salt with high mineral content, along with the Vitamin C made with berry extract. I took 5 grams of each four times a day, for a total of 15 grams a day. This is about 4 tablespoons of salt a day and 12 vitamin C capsules of about 1000 mg each. It was split into three daily treatments.


Both of these treatments require far beyond the recommended daily intake but they were necessary to launch an attack against both the bacteria and parasites. The goal is to make the body an unsuitable host for the bacteria and parasites. Substantial quantities of water must be consumed to offset the impact of the salt and keep the liver and digestion system working normally.




After a week of this treatment I added Samento, a unique variety of Cat's Claw from the Peru rainforest that has tested up to 100 times stronger than traditional Cat's Claw. Over the course of several days I built up my intake to 12-15 drops three times a day. There were no problems with the taste and the drops just had to be added to pure water and allowed to sit for a minute before taking.


Samento, so new to America that there is no body of US approved tests, yet so old as it has been used by South American Indians for over 2,000 years, is one of the rainforest wonder drugs that seems to work on almost everything. Samento, in liquid extract form, has foreign clinical trials that show stunning success in treating Lyme disease and many other illnesses mimicked by Lyme.


By the end of my second week now with the dual treatment I noticed that the frozen hands began to change and within a few days three of the fingers on each hand regained all feeling. Now only the thumb and first forefinger are numb.



In my 3rd week of treatment I added the last of my three protocols which was another ancient herb called Dragon's Blood. This was used by the Chinese in ancient China and the Druids in ancient Celtic days and features resins and other extracts. Again slowly building my intake to allow my body to adjust I reached 12 drops per treatment three times a day by the end of the third week.


Dragon's Blood has been co-opted by wizards, magicians, witch doctors and VooDoo practitioners over the centuries but throughout it's long history it has been another of the wonder drugs. I must warn you this is about the worst tasting extract you will ever taste, worse even than the cod liver oil I drank as a kid. Back then the treatment was s ad you wanted to stay well. After trying several ways to take this stuff I finally stumbled on a gem. When I mixed the 12 drops of Dragon Blood with one ounce of root beer it eliminated the nasty taste completely. Guess I should add root beer to my list of wonder drugs.




As I enter my 4th week of treatment my nutritionist advisor is devising a protocol combining the three treatments to allow me to better schedule them during the day and to keep them separate to allow maximum impact on my body. Within days of starting the Dragon's Blood my aching joints started improving and I was able to walk up and down steps normally.


Just today I could do my morning walk with my dog of one mile without feeling vertigo toward the end of the walk. Also I was able to raise my arms above my head for the first time in four weeks without major pain. During the entire time I have tried to exercise my body to keep the muscles as close to being toned as possible although the pain limits the amount of exercise. Still I know it is important to keep exercising, especially the fingers, hands and arms which were numb, to make sure no permanent nerve damage is sustained.


I am now on full dosage of all three treatments and will keep you posted as I continue the road to recovery. It is sometimes painful, but the pain also tells me how the treatment is affecting my body. With the several improvements I have already noticed I am confident something is working to help me and I do feel stronger in terms of fighting off fatigue and exhaustion.




Please let me know what your experiences are concerning Lyme disease or the many diseases it can mimic. You can write to me through the Coltons Point Times or send the info to my direct email at ivyonoak@yahoo.com as I believe there is much new information we can share with the public as we all join forces to fight this most secret of all pandemics.

Back to Lyme Index:
http://lymediseasesecretpandemic.blogspot.com/
.

No comments:

Post a Comment